Like the convenience of an instant PDF download, but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both versions and save 35 percent!
National Society of Health Coaches
members save 10% with member discount code!
Cigarette smoking continues to be the leading cause of preventable morbidity and mortality in the United States, reports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CDC data indicates that cigarette-smoking related healthcare expenditures in 2008 in the United States totaled nearly $96 million, and that the employer bears a cost of $3,391 per smoking employee per year, including $1,760 in lost productivity and $1,623 in excess medical expenditures.
2011 Benchmarks in Tobacco Cessation and Prevention takes a comprehensive look at efforts by the healthcare industry to short-circuit smoking and related behaviors, based on recent market research by the Healthcare Intelligence Network.
HIN's market research found that smoking cessation is one of the top five disease management efforts for which financial and benefit-based incentives are offered.
This 25-page special report documents the efforts of more than 80 companies to curb and prevent tobacco use, compiled from responses to a 2010 survey on this topic. It provides data on the following tobacco prevention and cessation trends:
and much more, including success strategies and member engagement techniques.
- Percentage of organizations with existing tobacco cessation programs;
- Percentage of organizations with plans to launch a tobacco cessation program in the next 12 months;
- Targeted populations for tobacco cessation initiatives;
- Methods for identifying program participants and determining eligibility;
- Rates of adoption of smoke-free policies;
Program delivery formats, goals and components;
- Reimbursable services;
- Provider and participant incentives and disincentives;
- Primary program facilitator;
- Impact of program on key metrics of quit rates, satisfaction, utilization and cost;
- Estimated program-generated ROI;
Sample Data: 2010 Tobacco Cessation Benchmarks