Like the convenience of receiving a PDF the same business day but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both and save 25 percent!
Frequent Benchmarks Buyer? — Save $500 annually with our Benchmarks Membership. Click here for details.
As the healthcare industry's pace from volume-based to value-based healthcare payment models accelerates so does the demand for more effective management of population health.
With the growth of these payment models, healthcare organizations are taking on more risk in terms of shared savings and shared risk arrangements and are investing heavily in programs to support population health. These programs are expanding in both scope of services and health conditions and disease states managed. With the help of advanced technologies in healthcare, this growth will only continue.
2018 Healthcare Benchmarks: Population Health Management is the fourth comprehensive analysis of population health management by the Healthcare Intelligence Network, capturing key metrics such as populations, health conditions and health risk levels targeted by population health management programs; risk stratification criteria; prevalence of value-based payment models supporting population health management programs; population health management processes, tools, workflows and forms; and program outcomes and ROI from responding healthcare organizations.
New in this edition is data on the role of social
determinants of health in population health management risk stratification and the inclusion of support for substance abuse in population health management. Respondents also weigh in on whether advanced healthcare technologies will play an important role in the future of population health management.
This 48-page resource analyzes responses to HIN's fourth comprehensive industry survey on population health management administered in July 2018. This all-new research report drills down to explore population health management program components, strategies, performance measurement and more key metrics and is supported with more than 65 graphs and tables.
New metrics for 2018:
- Programs providing social services support for those patients/members identified as having a social health determinant need;
- The availability of a call center/nurse advice line as part of population health management services;
- Prevalence of population health management programs that include support for cancer and substance abuse;
- The inclusion of community health workers on the population health management team;
- The frequency in which social health determinant data
is factored into population health management stratification; and
- The role advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence, cognitive computing and machine learning, will play in population health management within the next 12 months.
2018 Healthcare Benchmarks: Population Health Management provides a snapshot of industry population health management trends but also drills down to sector-specific activity from key stakeholders in the following areas:
and much more.
Availability of current and planned population health management programs;
- Services provided by population health management programs;
- Populations served by population health management programs;
- Health risk levels eligible for population health management;
- Health conditions targeted by population health management programs;
- Health professionals that are part of the population health management team;
- Health professional with primary responsibility for population health management;
- Data sources for population health management stratification;
- Population health management delivery modalities, including the use of smartphone technology in population health;
- Reimbursement models supporting population health management programs;
- Population health management program ROI;
- Metrics used to measure and improve population health management effectiveness;
- Greatest challenges and successes from population health management initiatives;
- The impact of population health management programs on clinical and financial outcomes;
- The complete 2018 Population Health Management survey tool;
This benchmarks report is designed to meet business and planning needs of hospitals and health systems, health plans, employers, managed care organizations, service providers and others by providing critical metrics on population health management.
This report is part of the Healthcare Benchmarking series, which provides continuous qualitative data on industry trends to empower healthcare companies to assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve by comparing organizational performance to reported metrics.