WellPoint has rolled out in 14 states it's physician practice transformation program in which the transformation is linked to its value-based payment model. Wellpoint is aiming to transform between 76 and 80 percent of its practices with this model within the next three years, explains Julie Schilz, director of care delivery transformation for WellPoint.
Listen to pre-conference comments from Julie Schilz.
During Aligning Value-Based Payment with Physician Practice Transformation, a 45-minute webinar on October 24th, now available for replay, Schilz shares the key features of WellPoint's transformation initiative, including results from its pilot program that have led to a system-wide rollout.
You will learn:
- The three practice transformation roles developed by Wellpoint that address the critical elements of transformation;
- How the physician practice transformation program complements Wellpoint's overall reimbursement strategy with fee-for-service and a shared savings component;
- The Quality Gate for clinical and utilization metrics for WellPoint's shared savings arrangement;
- Overcoming physician resistance to practice transformation...especially transformation driven by a healthcare payor; and
- How the practice transformation program is evolving, including how the program is building a bridge between primary care and specialty practice transformation to create a medical neighborhood.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents, CEOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, business development and strategic planning directors and consultants.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
||Transparency is key in conveying to Wellpoint members the primary care-specialist connection occurring in the medical home neighborhood.
Julie Schilz, BSN, MBA, is the director of care delivery transformation for WellPoint. Her experience collaborating with healthcare organizations and industry stakeholders drives her expertise in care management, quality office system redesign programs, value based reimbursement programs and critical knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home, Accountable Care Organizations and Health Information Technology.
Schilz serves as executive committee liaison to the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC), and in this role works in partnership with PCPCC's board, stakeholder centers and executive committee to enhance communication and help guide PCPCC's strategic direction. She is on the Editorial Board for Medical Home News and is an executive board member for ClinicNet, a nonprofit organization that serves as a centralized voice for Community-Funded Safety Net Clinics.
Schilz received her formal clinical training as a Registered Nurse at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Her business degree is from Regis University in Denver.