As a convener in Model 2 of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation's Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative, naviHealth has partnered with five health systems, spanning 11 acute care hospitals for retrospective acute and post acute care bundles.
naviHealth is coordinating with these hospitals to manage care across 48 clinical conditions identified by CMS.
During Bundled Payments: Opportunities in Effective Retrospective Acute and Post Acute Care Bundles, a May 21st webinar, now available for replay, Kelsey P. Mellard, vice president of partnership marketing and policy with naviHealth, shares the first quarter experiences from these pilot programs, along with the current bundled payment opportunities for organizations not yet participating in CMMI's pilot program.
You will learn:
- The key issues and various scenarios for physician practices, hospitals and post-acute providers to participate in payment bundling programs;
- The episodes of care selected by naviHealth and its partners and why these episodes were selected;
- Best practice protocols for gain-sharing within bundled payment programs;
- How to manage expectations around revenue cycle management and cash on hand for bundled payments;
- The preparation needed for physicians and hospitals to participate in bundled payment programs, including: contractual changes, operational work flow changes, data analytics, staffing requirements, care management, technology needs, cultural integration and developing a post acute network; and
- Future bundled payment opportunities for physician groups and hospitals for both those participating in CMMI's pilot program and for those who are not yet participating.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings ó no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, chief financial officers, medical directors, quality improvement executives, health plan executives, physician organization leadership, business development and strategic planning directors and consultants.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
Kelsey P. Mellard is vice president of partnership marketing and policy at naviHealth where she leads the policy agenda for Post-Acute Care Reform. She also led the implementation of the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Initiative in partnership with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Prior to joining naviHealth, Ms. Mellard was vice president of policy for health services at UnitedHealth Group, working most closely with Optum. She served as special assistant to the director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), where she helped establish CMMI. She also served on the Steering Committee for the Health Care Innovation Summit, resulting in the first ever public-private event of its kind.
Prior to CMMI, Ms. Mellard worked within the delivery system as a consultant to a variety of hospital systems while at the Advisory Board Company and as an administrative fellow at Childrenís Mercy Hospital and Clinic. She started her career at the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation working on the StateHealthFacts.org team.
Ms. Mellard received a Bachelorís of Science Degree in Community Health from Winona State University and completed her Masterís degree in Public Administration at the University of Kansas.