Frequent webinar participant? — Save $800 annually with a Webinar Membership. Click here for details.
Brooks Rehabilitation, one of the early adopters of CMS' post-acute bundled payment program, created its own path to success in the program around four domains, including selecting sites of service, standardization of patient assessment, longitudinal care planning and enhancing the role of the care navigator.
Brooks launched its Model 3 Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative in October 2013; its Model 2 in January 2014, finishing its first year with over 1,000 bundled episodes for total hip replacements, total knee replacements and hip fractures.
During Bundled Payments for Post-Acute Care: Four Critical Paths To Success, a 45-minute webinar on July 22nd at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Debbie Reber, MHS, OTR, vice president of clinical services, Brooks Rehabilitation, shares the inside details on these four domains and the resulting, significant savings that Brook achieved through the BPCI program.
You will learn how Brooks Rehabilitation:
- Operationalized its four BPCI domains across its continuum of care;
- Developed an in-house, electronic tracking tool, the Brooks Care Compass, a data repository that pulls from electronic medical records to provide clinicians and care navigators the data they need to manage episodes of care;
- Achieved success through the bundled payment programs, including reductions in total cost of care and improvements in quality metrics -- patient-reported function, readmissions and the patient experience;
- Addressed challenges in the implementation process, including the need for continuous training, developing a mechanism for staff feedback and defining the roles of nurse navigators and non-nurse navigators in the program; and
- Leveraged its experience in bundled payments with new episodes of care launched in April of this year and early insight into how these bundles are performing, as well as additional revenue opportunities based on its BPCI experience.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, chief financial officers, medical directors, quality improvement executives, health plan executives, physician organization leadership, business development and strategic planning directors and consultants.