Like the convenience of an instant PDF download but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both and save 35 percent!
Today's case managers are colocated in greater numbers within physician practices to more efficiently coordinate the
care of high-risk patients and health plan members and help to orchestrate efficient healthcare utilization.
To provide critical background on embedded case manager practices, the Healthcare Intelligence Network has assembled an all-new set of responses to the most frequently raised questions on the co-locating of case managers in physician practices.
In the Case Management Answer Book Vol. II: FAQs on Launching, Supporting and Evaluating Embedded Case Management, industry thought leaders provide answers to more than 50 questions on the practicalities of embedded case managers, from preparing a practice for the arrival of a case manager to hiring and training guidelines to measuring satisfaction with embedded case management initiatives.
This 30-page report is a companion resource to the Case Management Answer Book Vol. I.
Volume II offers advice from innovators in embedded case management: Aetna, CDPHP, Bon Secours Health System, and Hudson River HealthCare who tackle a range of case management topics in an easy-to-read Q&A format.
A sampling of questions covered in Case Management Answer Book Vol. II: FAQs on Launching, Supporting and Evaluating Embedded Case Management include:
The following case management experts share their expertise in this companion resource to the Case Management Answer Book Vol. I :
- Preparing the Physician Practice:
- How do you engage the physicians in embracing the embedded case management concept?
- Is the practice involved in selecting the case manager?
- How many physicians are in an average practice that is participating in an embedded case management program?
Case Manager Hiring and Training:
- Are all embedded case managers nurses or do they come from other backgrounds as well?
- Do the case managers work across offices or are they dedicated to a single practice?
- Program Measurement:
- What are some productivity benchmarks for embedded case managers?
- What are some characteristics of the best performing practices?
- How do you measure patient and physician satisfaction with embedded case management?
- Fundamentals of Embedded Case Management:
- How do you transition from telephonic to embedded case management?
- Do the embedded case managers supplement the plan's case managers or replace them?
- Do the embedded case managers work only with the plan's members or with all patients?
- Tools and Technology
- What is the minimum information technology requirement for practices to participate?
- Which evidence-based teaching tools can help to reduce readmissions?
- Who's using patient portals?
- Kathy Brieger, RD, CDE, Hudson River HealthCare chief operations officer.
Robert Fortini, PNP, vice president and chief clinical officer at Bon Secours Health System.
Dr. Randall Krakauer, Aetna's Medicare medical director;
Lisa Sasko, MA, MBA, CDPHP director of clinical transformation;
Charlene Schlude, RN, CCM, CDPHP director of case management;
Irene Zolotorofe, RN, MSN, AD, clinical operations director at Bon Secours Health System.