A key component for successful HIPAA implementation and ongoing compliance is the education of your managers and staff.
That's why "Developing HIPAA Awareness and Training Programs For Your Staff," an audio conference on CD-ROM, has been developed. This professional education program is sponsored by HIPAA Bulletin for Management.
This program has been suggested by your colleagues as a needed "next step" in assuring that their organizations adapt the work-a-day "cultural" changes necessary to come into compliance with the HIPAA requirements.
Learn how to make the necessary changes within your workforce to create a HIPAA-compliant environment in which employees are made aware of the behavioral changes needed to adequately protect health information according to the legislation with this 90-minute audio conference on CD-ROM"Developing HIPAA Awareness and Training Programs for Your Staff"
- Russ Taylor, director of Covansys’ Global Healthcare Practice
- Kathleen LePar, senior consultant with Beacon Partners
- How to develop a variety of education techniques, such as classroom-based, computer-based and intranet training methods;
- How to educate all employees about HIPAA and medical privacy and how it affects their jobs.
- Set up a schedule for periodic reminder sessions.
- Be proactive in your efforts — don’t just focus on what is required right now, but anticipate and delve into what is going to need to happen over time.
- The specifics of implementation training.
- Who should be trained
- What a covered entity must provide in training that meets the HIPAA regulation requirements
- Timing and training requirements for members of the covered entity's workforce and new members
- Documentation requirements of the training
This Audio Conference on CD-ROM is great for training and orientation of your top management, department heads and supervisors. Use the conference as the basis for planning the rest your organization's HIPAA educational activities.
"Listen" to the program right in your office. Enjoy significant savings - No travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient. Invite your staff members. Include as many individuals from your organization as you wish, even board members, everyone can squeeze into a conference room.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: CEOs, key management executives, department heads, HIPAA task force team members, compliance officers, Hospitals, Health Insurers, Managed Care Organizations, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies, Medical Device Manufacturers, Healthcare Technology Companies.
The CD-ROM also includes supplemental materials, including the speakers' handouts.