With a wide range of needs beyond traditional healthcare that can impact the health status of dual eligibles, organizations that serve the dual eligible population often look to community-based resources to help close social service gaps for these members.
Wellcare Health Plan Inc. has developed a unique approach to identify, connect and sustain community service agencies in its markets.
During Dual Eligibles: Closing Care Gaps and Engaging Members in Self-Management, an October 2, 2013 webinar, now available for replay, Pamme Taylor, WellCare’s vice president of advocacy and community-based programs, shares Wellcare’s strategy for meeting a broad spectrum of a member’s needs with community-based services and how these partnerships contribute to the engagement of duals in self-management of their care.
You will learn how Wellcare:
- Connects with primary care physicians and specialists to assess member needs;
- Uses PCPs and specialists to identify cultural and ethnic preferences to improve member engagement;
- Developed a referral tracking system embedded in the electronic health record for case managers to link members to available services;
- Expanded the referral tracking system data inputs to create a truly population health-focused platform; and
- Is working with community-based programs with constrained budgets to sustain needed services for their members.
Taylor also shares the impact of these initiatives on emergency room utilization, quality scores and gaps in care.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, reimbursement executives, analysts, business development executives, consultants, directors, executive directors, financial/business managers, and strategic planning executives.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a refund, notice is required at least seven business days prior to the webinars. With proper notice, fees are refunded minus a $40 service fee. No refunds are given for cancellations received with less than seven days notice. The Healthcare Intelligence Network reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a webinar, due to unforeseen circumstances.