Embedded in both primary care practices and work sites, Caldwell UNC Health Care's embedded case managers are improving the quality of care and reducing healthcare costs by increasing preventive care measures at the work sites and closing care gaps for patients managed by the primary care practice.
During Embedded Case Management in Primary Care and Work Sites: Referral, Stratification and Protocols, a September 25th webinar, now available for replay, Melanie Fox, director of the Caldwell Physician Network Embedded Case Management program at Caldwell UNC Health Care, shares how embedded case managers in both primary care practices and work sites are improving the quality of care and reducing healthcare costs by increasing preventive care measures at the work sites and improving care gaps for patients managed by the primary care practice.
- How patient encounter data, including emergency room visit reports and hospital discharge reports are used by the embedded case managers to target high-risk patients;
- The critical skills needed for embedded case managers, including the type of experience that Caldwell looks for when recruiting for this role;
- The impact that embedded case managers in Caldwell's primary care practices have had on its 30-day readmission rates;
- Engaging physicians in the work flow processes needed to support embedded case management, including details on how Caldwell maximizes transitional care management codes; and
- Case load management strategies, protocols and outreach strategies employed by the embedded case managers.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, analysts, business development executives, consultants, directors, executive directors, financial/business managers, physician practice leaders, case managers, care managers and strategic planning executives.
Listen to this pre-conference interview with Melanie Fox:
Case managers' focus on post-discharge care transitions has halved 30-day Medicare rehospitalizations.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
Melanie Fox, BSN RN, is the director of embedded case management with Caldwell UNC Health Care. In this role, Ms. Fox is on the leadership team of Caldwell UNC and serves on several committees, including the Diabetic Advisory Board and the Community Transition of Care Team.
In her 17 years of nursing, Ms. Fox has worked medical, surgical, and pediatric nursing. In addition, she has many years of experience in the home health arena, beginning as a visiting nurse, and then as the intake coordinator. She was eventually promoted to Clinical Director of Operations.
In 2011, Ms. Fox was recruited to join Caldwell UNC Health Care to initiate and develop the embedded case management program.
Ms. Fox received an associate degree in nursing from Western Piedmont Community College and later achieved a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Western Carolina University.
She currently resides in Morganton, N.C., with her husband Bobby; who is also a nurse, her three loved children Eli, Zachary and Taylor, and many furry animals.