| All covered entities under the HIPAA regulations must monitor and audit their organizations compliance with the TCS and privacy regulations. To help your organization meet these requirements, order your copy today of our audio-conference "HIPAA Auditing and Monitoring: Creating, Building and Testing a Strategy To Ensure Your Organization's Compliance," on CD-Rom.
- Christine Jensen, HIPAA Project Manager, Denver Health
- Mikel Lynch, Privacy Officer, University of Missouri Health Care
During HIPAA Auditing and Monitoring: Creating, Building and Testing a Strategy To Ensure Your Organization’s Compliance, you learn
- Strategies for identifying goals and/or outcomes your organization will want to achieve as you plan and implement a HIPAA compliance program - both from a transaction code sets (TCS) and privacy perspective;
- Building compliance into the program during implementation
- Testing your program
- Monitoring techniques and processes
- The requirements for audits – when to perform them, how to perform them and who should perform them
- Keeping an audit trail of disclosures
- Tests for auditing reasonableness
- University of Missouri Health Care’s three dimensional approach to auditing, including random audits of patients, random audits of staff and targeted audits.