According to every industry survey, HIPAA remains the single most pressing challenge facing healthcare providers, payors, and their vendors.
This is a special audio conference on CD-Rom dedicated to providing companies that sell products and services to health and managed care organizations with details and insight into HIPAA from the vendor perspective.
Suppliers, your staff, and your products and services need to be HIPAA ready. Only covered entities must be HIPAA compliant by the federal deadlines. But, your service or solution must be able to help your healthcare client covered entity become HIPAA compliant.
Technically speaking, for instance, software vendors are not considered to be "covered entities" under HIPAA regulations, and, therefore, do not have to be compliant. However, to remain a viable part of the healthcare industry, your products need to enable the hospital or MCO to be compliant.
This year, HIPAA compliance initiatives are even more demanding for the healthcare industry, according to an exclusive survey by HIPAA Bulletin for Management. "Even with an early start, being able to understand the full scope (and we may not know yet) of what is going to be required was surprising," one executive told us. "This topic has been a hard one for folks to hear and understand."
That's the background and why this educational audio conference has been recorded on CD-ROM
Discover what our panel of experts see as critical issue for vendors. Get their recommendations for your organization's work plan priorities now.
This special presentation provides real-world, practical solutions and answers to professionals attempting to cope with implementing and complying with the law's provisions.
- Jonathan Bogen, founder and CEO of Health CIO, Inc.
- Steven J. Fox, partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Among the topics the speakers cover during the program are:
- Vendor awareness of legal requirements
- Identifying vendors' role in compliance
- How vendors' top management can communicated the importance of HIPAA with staff
- How vendors must meet the needs of covered entity clients understanding what procedures need to be met
- HIPAA policies and procedures for vendors
- Are the vendors offering products that support coordination of benefits using the provider-to-payor-to-provider information flow
- Is the framework in place to alert users to scheduled encounters for which an approval has not been received and if eligibility has been denied
Live Question and Answer Session
Pharmaceutical and other suppliers, software, hardware, claims processing, billing, EDI, laboratories, TPAs and technology companies have much at stake.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CD-ROM:
CEOs, Operations Executives, Vendor HIPAA Task Force Members, Team Leaders, Planners, Business Development, Product Managers, Sales Executives and Marketers, Knowledge Managers and Strategic and Implementer Consultants, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies, Clearinghouses, Physician Practice Management Company Executives, Medical Device Manufacturers, and Healthcare Technology Companies.