Within value-based reimbursement, health coaches can play
a critical role in managing the health of chronic care patients. Through the use of patient registries and the necessary skill sets, health coaches can drive population health management processes for the improved outcomes needed to succeed in a value-based system.
Listen to pre-conference comments from William Appelgate and Alicia Vail.
During Health Coaching's Value in Accountable Care and Medical Homes, a June 19th, 2013 webinar, now available for replay, William Appelgate, executive director of the Iowa Chronic Care Consortium, shares how an evidence-based health coaching focus drives returns in a value-based payment delivery system. Alicia Vail, R.N. health coach, Ochsner Health System, joined Appelgate and shares an overview of Ochsner's health coaching program at eight clinics within its value-based healthcare system. Vail also drills-down to the coaching interventions and results achieved from the health coaching program at the clinic in which she coaches.
You will learn how to:
- Transform health coaching conversations with chronic condition patients to motivate patient self-management;
- Transform care processes and work flows to increase the effectiveness of a health coaching program;
- Develop a health coaching competency;
- Maximize the reimbursement for health coaching initiatives through care coordination fees;
- Determine organizational readiness for a health coaching program;
- Recruit and manage a patient population;
- Structure a clinic’s workflow to maximize health coaching results;
- Overcome the barriers to health coaching in this new environment; and
- Track HEDIS measures to ensure quality goals are met.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel
expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents, CEOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, health coaches, care coordinators, business development and strategic planning directors and consultants.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
||Primary care is just one setting where health coaches can partner with patients in their health improvement efforts.
||Health coaches' use of motivational interviewing generates results in four key areas for Ochsner Health System patients.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a refund, notice is required at least seven business days prior to the webinars. With proper notice, fees are refunded minus a $40 service fee. No refunds are given for cancellations received with less than seven days notice. The Healthcare Intelligence Network reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a webinar, due to unforeseen circumstances.