| If you are already a Healthcare Intelligence Network webinar member, then this webinar is FREE for you.
Attend HIN Webinars Regularly? — Save $800 annually with our Webinar Subscription. Click here for details.
UnityPoint Health has moved from a siloed approach to improving the patient experience at each of its locations to a system-wide approach that encompasses a consistent, baseline experience while still allowing for each institution to address its specific needs.
Armed with data from its Press Ganey and CAHPS ® Hospital Survey scores, UnityPoint's patient experience team developed a front-line staff-driven improvement action plan.
During Improving the Patient Experience: Engaging Front-line Staff for a System-Wide Action Plan, a 45-minute webinar on July 27th, now available for replay, Paige Moore, director, patient experience at UnityPoint Health—Des Moines, shares how the organization switched from a top-down, leadership-driven patient experience improvement approach to one that engages front-line staff to own the process.
You'll learn how UnityPoint Health—Des Moines:
- Uses the Studer concept's AIDET® and "managing up" to improve the patient experience;
- Created service action teams using front-line staff members from the emergency department, adult inpatient and outpatient services and pediatric inpatient and outpatient services to observe and improve the patient experience;
- Launched a grassroots initiative pilot program that includes four units, a group of front-line staff and volunteer patient experience champions to help drive consistent use of nursing best practices that help impact its Press Ganey®'s Communication with Nurses scores and overall patient experience;
- Changed its patient rounding system to mirror its efforts to improve the patient experience; and
- Addressed specific patient experience concerns related to patient privacy and nurse communication and the impact these efforts had on its patient experience scores.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings—no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents, CEOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, physician executives, patient experience professionals and strategic planning directors and consultants.
Paige Moore is the Director of Patient Experience for UnityPoint Health – Des Moines. In this role, Ms. Moore coordinates patient experience activity for the Central Iowa affiliate of UnityPoint Health with her primary focus on the following hospitals: Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Methodist West Hospital and Blank Children’s Hospital.
Ms. Moore has helped drive system-wide and regional patient experience initiatives including the roll out of UnityPoint Health's Patient Experience Foundational Competencies, the UnityPoint Health – Des Moines' Service Action Team structure and work, purposeful employee and patient rounding through the use of Advisory Board Company's iRound tool and much more. In addition to the patient experience work, she oversees community engagement activities for UnityPoint Health – Des Moines including community partnerships and sponsorships. Ms. Moore also oversees the physician liaison activity.
Ms. Moore earned her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a dual minor in Social Welfare and Spanish from Wartburg College and her Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of Iowa. After completing her Master's, she was the Administrative Fellow at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in Kansas City. She was first introduced to UnityPoint Health - Des Moines during her graduate internship at Blank Children's Health Center.