The inservices in Inservices for Home Health Care are focused on the learning needs of home health aides, and uses the language of the OASIS Data Set and Plan of Care, encouraging consistency in the health care team approach. Quality assurance expectations are reflected in the lessons, making quality of care a priority, as well as meeting regulatory expectations. Each inservice topic packet includes everything needed to implement an entire inservice.
For the Instructor:
- Objectives and outline
- Lesson plan and speaking notes
- Make agency-specific with one click
- Test with answer key
For the participants:
- Handouts, if included
Each topic section contains all of the instructor’s material and all of the handouts, so each inservice could be printed from the CD. All of the forms and topic materials are in the manual and also on the CD, so that the material can be altered in any way desired.
Format of an Inservice
- Have the room and all of the materials
set up ahead of time, and arrive early.
- When participants arrive, instruct them to
sign their names on the Inservice Sign-in form.
They can pick up handouts and other material
s then, or you can pass them out at the
beginning of the inservice.
- Introduce yourself and the topic, and read the basic description, objectives, and outline.
- Have the participants complete the pre-test.
- Lead the inservice using the lesson plan and speaking notes. These include cues for different handouts and learning activities.
- After the inservice is finished, and all questions have been answered, have the participants complete the post-tests and the participant evaluation forms.
Table of Contents
- Enhancing the Learning Experience
- Home Health Aide Training Regulations
- Inservice Sign-in Sheet
- Employee Inservice Record
- Inservice Evaluation
- Cognitive Impairment
- Documenting and Reporting Patient Status
- Infectious Diseases
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Patient Rights
- Personal Hygiene and Grooming
- Professional Communication
and Sexual Harassment
- Range of Motion
- Safe and Healthy Environments
- Sensory and Communication Impairments
- Skin Care
- Standard Precautions
- Temperature, Pulse, and Respiration
- Toileting and Elimination
- Transfers, Lifts, and Positioning
- Workplace Violence
- CD is in back of book
The order of each inservice is:
Order now and receive a free Pain Care Manual.
- Handout (if included)
- Lesson Plan and Notes
- Test Key