My Healthy Habits Journal contains the essence of the
Motivate Healthy Habits: Stepping Stones to Lasting Change book and is ideal for children and adults who are too busy to read an entire book. This journal can help you become a health guide to others. For example, a mother can use the MHH book on herself before sharing individual copies of this journal with family members and friends.
Changing from unhealthy to healthy habits is seldom easy. We think that we should change but don't really feel like it. We tend to remain on autopilot. Our good intentions fail, and we quickly slip back to old ways. To break unhealthy habits and stay solidly on a new course, we need to move beyond:
- Surface change, which involves increasing our knowledge, thinking about change and setting goals, to
Deep change, which involves exploring our feelings, understanding our motives and changing our views and values.
This no-advice guidebook will help you address deep questions. To what extent do you:
- Overlook what you do to yourself (mind)?
- Sacrifice your long-term, physical health (body)?
- Give in to short-term, emotional rewards (heart)?
- Say that you value your health (soul) but still donít achieve lasting change?
Your journal will help you to:
- Understand your issues about change
- Lower your emotional resistance
- Increase your motivation
- Make a plan for change
- Stay involved in the change process
You will learn more about how:
- Your mind, body, heart and soul can work together, and not against one another
- You can change one unhealthy habit with this book and use it to change other behaviors.