Thirteenth in HIN's Disease Management Dimensions series!
The greatest roadblock to effective disease management programs is often the patients themselves. In the spirit of consumer-driven healthcare, health plans and providers are asking patients and members to accept responsibility for behaviors that impact their health. Disease management efforts and health coaches target individuals with unhealthy habits, but frequently encounter resistance.
In "Narrowing the Health Perception Gap: Coaching to Change Behavior and Raise Self-Efficacy," a 35-page special report based on a July 2005 audio conference sponsored by the Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN), HIN's contributing presenters delve into the field of behavior modification and suggest techniques health coaches and disease management specialists can employ to motivate clients and patients to adopt healthy lifestyles.
In this special report, Dr. Rick Botelho, professor of family medicine, URMC Family Medicine Center, Dr. Richard Citrin, vice president, integrated care management, Corphealth Inc. and Michael Thompson, principal with PricewaterhouseCoopers, shed light on theoretical models, industry trends and personalized approaches as keys to sustain lasting behavioral change.
Note: Receive additional savings on this resource when you order it as part of the seven-volume "Health Coach Collection," a related item shown below.
Table of Contents
- Moving Toward Holistic Health
- Population Health Management
- Organizational Learning and Lifestyle Change
- An All-Encompassing Field
- Theories of Behavior Modification
- A Multi-Dimensional Approach
- Strategies That Work
- Vision for the Future
- Expanding the Possibilities
- The Old-New Paradigm
- The Uncertainty Principle
- A Lifelong Learning Process
- Motivational Practice and the Six Steps
- Putting Principles into Practice
- Sustaining Health Behavior Change
- Q&A: Ask the Experts
- Getting Members to Call Back
- Empowering the Patient
- Stepping it Up
- Addictive Case Management
- Trends in Weight Management
- Participants Take the Floor
- For More Information
- About the Presenters