| Patient-Centered Medical Home Transformation: 9 Key Hurdles for Physician Practices To Overcome on 5/12/10, Recording Available, part of the Medical Home Open House Series, a series of webinars touring the critical components of the medical home. Click here for more information on the series.
A continuing medical home pilot program by MetCare to serve the Medicare Advantage members of Humana in Florida is reporting improvements in key measurements for financial, utilization and quality returns. The pilot, which began in November 2008, has
led to a transformation of the MetCare practices to patient-centered medical homes but not without some lessons learned along the way.
During this 45-minute webinar, Mr. Earley and Dr. Guethon will describe how the MetCare practices have made the transformation to patient-centered medical homes, with an eye on maintaining the profitability of their practices. They will provide an overview of the nine key hurdles and practical, work-a day examples of how these hurdles have been overcome by MetCare physicians as they’ve moved from a doctor-centric model to a patient-centric model of care.
You’ll get details on:
- The education of the practice staff at all levels on the hallmarks of the PCMH;
- Addressing the misconceptions of the PCMH;
- Building consensus among team and physician leaders;
- Making the long-term commitment to the PCMH;
- The realities of the ROI;
- Engaging patients to take on more responsibility in their care;
- Creating a process-driven and process-oriented approach to tracking and measuring outcomes;
- Overcoming the resistance to change; and
- The cultural transformation required.
Available on the HIN web site for an on-demand re-broadcast or as a CD-ROM or training DVD.
The training DVD includes reproducible slides and completion certificates to document training.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings – no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It’s so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, training DVD or the On Demand version.