SpeedECoder is a rapid and accurate suite of search tools and customizable databases for medical coding and compliance. Without installing any software, you access its power directly through the Internet.
SpeedECoder saves time by finding, validating, and cross-referencing codes without multiple manuals or web sites. Since it's updated automatically with the latest CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and Medicare information, you never have to find the newest versions.
Improve Accuracy and Consistency
SpeedECoder uses both native and personalized expert rules to speed searches and establish coding consistency. Users can store and share expert knowledge critical to your practice in CodeLists, CodeWords, and CodeNotes.
For only $329 for 12 months of service, you get all that SpeedECoder has to offer.
The application features:
- Keyword searches of the HIPAA-mandated coding sets
- ICD-9-CM Volume 1 Diagnosis Codes
- ICD-9-CM Volume 3 Procedure Codes
- CPT® Codes
- HCPCS Level II Codes
- Access to our ICD-9 and HCPCS eBooks, which can be printed for your reference. These full-text books can supplement your search findings and provide a way to disseminate information in non-electronic ways.
Once you have found the code you are looking for, the detail screen displays a host of coding and compliance information:
For ICD-9 codes
- Includes and Excludes information
- Age and Gender Edits
- Not applicable principal diagnosis
- Manifestation as principal diagnosis
- Questionable admission
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis
- Secondary diagnosis required
- Non-specific OR procedure
- Open biopsy check
- Non-covered procedure
- Bilateral procedure
For CPT and HCPCS Codes
- Gender edits
- Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) current bundling/unbundling rules
- Medicare fee schedule pricing for each service paid by Medicare using relative value units (RVUs). This information helps you understand your reimbursement and can determine co-pay information for your Medicare beneficiaries.
- Links to the full text of applicable medical necessity policies: local medical review policies (LMRPs) and local coverage decisions (LCDs) for your particular Medicare contractor. With these policies you can determine whether the patient has diagnosis codes that will substantiate payment of the procedure. In addition, you can read whether there are any special coding or billing requirements according to the contractor.
- For Medicare fees and policies, each user has the option of changing the contractor at any time to comply with rules that apply in one practice area but not another or just to compare policies or pricing between contractors.
- Group discounts are available as the number of users increases. This is automatically calculated during the purchase process.
Realize Immediate Savings
If you purchased all of the printed materials contained in SpeedECoder, you would spend about $625 more than the cost of a single user license. That's a direct savings of over 70%!
- ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS books at an average of $70 each, $210
- CCI at $270
- Customized local medical review policies and local coverage decisions $299
- Medicare fee schedule $89
- A computer that can run the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Browser, Mozilla Suite, or Firefox.
- Broadband internet service for best performance although dial-up service will work.