There is much interest today in professional coaching, especially in management circles. Coaching is becoming a preferred organizational learning tool in corporate performance consulting and leadership development.
Executive coaching represents a huge opportunity for employee assistance professionals.
In fact, in many organizations human resources is turning to the EA professional for management coaching. Coaching provides new opportunities for EAPs to provide new services and to generate new sources of revenue.
That’s why a special audio conference, "The Employee Assistance Professional as Executive Coach", was organized with Andy LeFave, LCSW, CEAP Senior Consultant Blair Consulting Group; Jonathan Sheff, MSW/MPH President Resource Management Consultants; and Jim O'Shea Development Specialist & Coach
Achievement Unlimited of CT as presenters for this 90-minute Audio Conference on CD-ROM.
The goal of this program is to acquaint professionals with the growing trend of EAPs acting as executive coaches and how to best introduce coaching to client organizations with the biggest impact.
EAPs are in a unique position to provide coaching services given the nature of what EAs do and see in the workplace. As one EA professional noted, EA professionals "have more qualities, abilities, experiences and skills in this realm than many realize"… they are distinctively suited to be effective executive coaches.
- Why coaching is needed in the workplace today
- Why adding coaching as an EAP service makes sense
- How to blend coaching with other employee assistance services
- Selling supervisors and senior management on a commitment to the process
- How a request for management consultation can be shifted to a management development intervention
- Distinctions between business coaching and life coaching
- Conceptual models and tools for supporting the executive being coached
- The expectations, steps and time frame of the coaching process
- How to develop a specific action plan to achieve developmental goals
- How to demonstrate value and create the desire for change
- Integrating coaching in emotional intelligence training
- The stages of change and how to sustain change over time
- How to design measurements to evaluate goal attainment
- Question and answer session
Who Will Benefit From This Audio Conference?
Employee assistance professionals, both internal and external program facilitators, EA service providers, EA advisors, employee and family assistance, work/life executives, human resources professionals, wellness program directors.
What Participants in the “Live” Audio Conference Had to Say:
“Provided useful information that can be incorporated into current EA programs.”
“Nice overview of coaching, learned some great tips… it was very informative.”
“I liked the variety of presenters/opinions.”
“I liked the broad overview [of coaching] and multiple perspectives.”