Save over $200 When You Order our
Health Coaching Webinar Series
The key to success for any health coaching program is the health coaches themselves. Coaches need to have the
appropriate skills to achieve the desired behavior change among their caseload.
Listen to pre-conference comments from
Darcy Hurlbert and Sean Slovenski.
During A Health Coach Hiring and Training Game Plan That Yields Improved Outcomes, a 90-minute webinar on CD-ROM, via On Demand Web access or as a recorded webinar on DVD, we explored hiring and training practices for health coaching that reflect developments in the field.
Key Learning Points
We heard from coaching industry veterans
Darcy Hurlbert, health and wellness product specialist, Ceridian Lifeworks, and Sean Slovenski, CEO and president of Hummingbird
- Determining the appropriate skill sets for health coaches;
- Analyzing the pros and cons of various certifications, education and background experience for effective coaches;
- Accounting for hiring differences for online, in-person or telephonic health coaches;
- Employing interviewing techniques that uncover the skill sets you need;
- Learning from past hiring experiences what makes a good hire; and
- The most important factors to consider in the hiring process.
Here's what participants said about the live program:
"Darcy Hurlbert and Sean Slovenski shared valuable insight and experiences," said Sheree Coats manager, health coaching at Clarian Health.
The Q&A session was of great value answering questions on drawing the line between coaching and counseling and candidate characteristics that best predict a successful hiring decision in terms of both performance and retention, said another participant.
Part of the Health Coaching Webinar series, two November webinars to assist with your 2009 health coaching strategic plan. Get the inside details you need on trends affecting the industry and hiring strategies to stay on course in the new year. You'll hear from industry experts from Ceridian Lifeworks, Gordian Health Solutions, Hummingbird Coaching and OptumHealth.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings – no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It’s so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, DVD or the On Demand version.
Our training programs come in several formats to accommodate wide ranging schedules and needs. You can choose from the following formats:
- CD-ROM for computer play — CD-ROM with .wav file that plays on most computers. CD includes PDF files that you can print and follow along with the speaker presentations. Also includes printed transcript of the conference proceedings.
- CD-ROM for stereo play — CD-ROM with .wav file that plays on most computers and home and car stereos. CD includes PDF files that you can print and follow along with the speaker presentations. Also includes printed transcript of the conference proceedings.
- On-Demand Web Access — Receive a username and password to access the webinar via the web. Includes links to download and print PDF versions of the speakers' presentations.
- Training DVD — A click and play DVD that you can use to train multiple employees at once. Follow along with the speakers' as they move through their slides. Also includes printed transcript and a set of handouts that you can copy and share with participants.
Have questions on our webinar and/or webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
CEOs, medical directors, disease management directors, managers and coordinators, health coach managers, health coaches, health plan
executives, care management nurses, physician executives and business development and strategic planning directors.
ABOUT OUR PANELISTS:
||A coach's background and availability figure largely in the pairing of that coach with a client.
Darcy Hurlbert is the health and wellness product specialist at Ceridian LifeWorks. Prior to Ceridian, she oversaw health coach and call center operations at Leade Health, Inc. of Ann Arbor, Mich., which was acquired by Ceridian in 2006.
At Leade, after being a health coach herself, Hurlbert became responsible for the hiring, supervision, and training of health coaches and intake staff. She created policies and procedures for daily operations, and monitored performance to ensure key program objectives were met.
Hurlbert has 10 years experience in the development of programs focusing on health education and behavior change. Prior to joining Leade Health, she was employed by Midwest Health Plan of Dearborn, Mich., where she was responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of wellness programs for a Medicaid only HMO with approximately 50,000 members.
Hurlbert has a master’s degree in public health from the University of Michigan and a Bachelor of Science in Health Education with an emphasis in Community Health Promotion from Northern Arizona University.
||Companies should ask three key questions when vetting health coaching candidates.
Sean Slovenski is a co-founder and the CEO of Hummingbird Coaching Services. He is recognized as a wellness and coaching industry leader with over 18 years’ experience in the field.
Slovenski started his career by helping craft and manage one of the nation’s first large-scale wellness and health coaching product lines servicing many of the Fortune 500. Sensing the need and potential for a broad-spectrum coaching product and the use of the internet to provide a more accessible and cost effective delivery capability, Slovenski created a company that launched the first highly scalable online personal coaching service back in 1997. This product called MyHealthCoach.com is the technology and general coaching foundation that was incorporated into Hummingbird.
Hummingbird Coaching services organizations such as United Healthcare, Google, Gordian Healthcare, P&G and works across multiple industries where coaching and human services are delivered. Hummingbird delivers its services throughout the world with products ranging from health coaching to life and parent coaching as well.
Slovenski holds a bachelor’s degree in Health and Physical Education from Bowling Green State University. He is a regular presenter at national healthcare conferences and a charter member of the Medical Wellness Association.