Eighth in the Disease Management Dimensions Series-Save 50% when you order the Disease Management Dimensions Series.
Keenly aware of the increased presence of toolkits in the healthcare industry, the Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN) sponsored a Healthcare Toolkits contest in summer 2005.
This 35-page special report, Blueprint for Success: Constructing a Winning Healthcare Toolkit Strategy takes an in-depth look at the first-, second- and third-place winners and the creative teams and processes behind them, from development to production to distribution.
Melanie Matthews, HIN's executive vice president and chief operating officer, invited the toolkit strategists to share their experiences on launching a toolkit in a recent roundtable discussion. This 35-page report also details the results of an October 2005 online survey on the use of toolkits in the healthcare industry.
You'll hear from the award-winning toolkit development teams at The Eden Communications Group, PacifiCare Behavioral Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as they review their blue-ribbon toolkits. Erin Lenox, associate, Hilb Rogal & Hobbs, and
John Mills, director, product development, HIP Health Plans, also share their views on the mounting importance of of healthcare toolkits.
You'll get details on:
- Identifying a need for a toolkit;
- Selecting a medium for your message;
- Measuring for cultural sensitivity;
- Analyzing a toolkit's effectiveness; and
- Solving the "buy or build" dilemma.
Table of Contents
- 2005 Healthcare Toolkits Contest: HIN’s Winner’s Circle
- Survivors’ Artwork Inspires Journey to Recovery for
Breast Cancer Patients
- Ensuring Continuity of Care after an Inpatient Stay
- Teaching Providers to Recognize Signs of Domestic Violence
- The Story Behind the Toolkit Contest
- Traditional Toolkit Components
- Identifying the Need for a Toolkit
- Why the Winners Developed a Toolkit
- Research Findings Prompt Domestic Violence Toolkit
- Selecting a Medium for Their Message
- Winners Experienced Players in Toolkit Arena
- Factors That Impact a Toolkit Timeline
- Structuring the Review Process
- Coping with the Unexpected
- Getting a Good Read on Health Literacy
- Measuring for Cultural Sensitivity
- Accepted Methods of Measuring Toolkit ROI
- Analyzing a Toolkit’s Effectiveness
- Analysis Focuses More on Clinical Gains Than Cost Benefits
- Driving Adoption of Consumer Healthcare Toolkits
- Works in Progress: Planned Toolkit Enhancements
- Words of Wisdom
- The Winners' Take on Toolkit Trends
- Motivating the Healthy to Use Healthcare Toolkits
- The “Buy or Build” Dilemma
- Timely Topics for Healthcare Toolkits
- HIN Online Survey Finds Toolkits Fill Knowledge Gap,Inform Consumers
- Print Still Top Toolkit Delivery Format
- Development, Results Analysis Greatest Hurdles
- Always Room to Refine
- Collecting Feedback on Toolkits
- Toolkit Developers Share Recipient Feedback
- Plans Underway for 2006 Healthcare Toolkits Contest
"Blueprint for Success: Constructing a Winning Healthcare Toolkit Strategy" is part of HIN's Disease Management Dimensions series. Disease Management Dimensions provides an inside look at disease management programs to help you get the most of your disease management initiatives.