With focused attention on the patient handoff process, Regions Hospital has watched its readmission rates decrease from over 11 percent in 2009 to 9.5 percent for all patients and achieve readmission rates for 2012 that are better than its expected results, as predicted by modeling outside of the organization.
Cullman Regional Medical Center's award-winning "Good to Go" recorded hospital discharge instructions has resulted in a 15 percent decline in readmission rates for patients who received recorded discharge instructions and a 58 percent increase in HCAPS satisfaction scores.
Listen to pre-conference comments from Cheryl Bailey.
During Care Transition Management: Strategies for Effective Patient Handoffs, a 60-minute webinar on April 24th, now available for replay, Joshua Brewster, director of care management at Regions Hospital, a HealthPartners hospital, and Cheryl Bailey, vice president of patient care services at Cullman Regional Medical Center, share the key features of their care transition management programs. You will learn:
- The key factors that Regions has identified that place a patient onto its "hot list" for readmission risk;
- HealthPartners' handover process for patients at-risk of readmission;
- How HealthPartners meets the unique needs of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure and behavioral healthcare needs at risk of readmission;
- The features of Cullman's "Good to Go" recorded instructions, from implementation guidelines to the program's expansion; and
- How internal analysis of the recorded discharge instructions has helped Cullman further refine its discharge process and identify patients in need of post-discharge support.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can watch this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel
expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, DVD or the
On Demand version.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
CEOs, medical directors, discharge planners, quality improvement executives, case managers, business development and strategic planning directors and consultants.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST:
||CRMC's "Good to Go" hospital discharge program resulted in an unexpected benefit.