With an aggressive expansion plan set for its embedded case management program, Aetna has clearly demonstrated the value of embedded case managers working side-by-side with physicians serving Aetnas Medicare members.
Aetna began placing case managers in primary care practices in 2007 after its telephonic case management program showed significant reductions in the number of acute care days.
Listen to pre-conference comments from Dr. Randall Krakauer.
During Demonstrating the Value of the Embedded Case Manager for the Medicare Population, a 45-minute webinar on November 30, now available for replay, Dr. Randall Krakauer, Aetna's Medicare medical director, will share the strategy supporting its embedded case management initiative, along with results from the program in terms of healthcare utilization and member satisfaction.
Dr. Krakauer provided the key, inside details on:
- Comparative healthcare utilization results from Aetnas telephonic case management program, its collaborative case management model and embedded care management;
- How health risk assessments, predictive modeling, prior healthcare utilization and physician referral identify members for case management intervention;
- The case managers role on the physician-led care team;
- The reimbursement and incentive formula for Aetnas embedded case managers; and
- How Aetnas embedded case management program has impacted member satisfaction and member retention rates.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel
expenses. Its so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, DVD or the
On Demand version.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, analysts, business development
executives, consultants, case management executives and physician leaders.
ABOUT OUR PANELIST: