E-Health Care Information Systems is a comprehensive collection written by leading experts from a range of disciplines including medicine, health sciences, engineering, business information systems, general science, and computing technology.
This easily followed text provides a theoretical framework with sound methodological approaches and is filled with numerous case examples.
Topics include e-health records, e-public information systems, e-network and surveys, general and specific applications of e-health such as e-rehabilitation, e-medicine, e-homecare, e-diagnosis support systems, and e-health intelligence.
E-Health Care Information Systems also covers strategies in e-health care technology management, e-security issues, and the impacts of e-technologies. In addition, this book reviews new and emerging technologies such as mobile health, virtual reality and nanotechnology, and harnessing the power of e-technologies for real-world applications.
Table of Contents
- Tables, Figures, and Exhibits
- The Editor
- The Contributors
PART ONE: E-HEALTH OVERVIEW
1. E-Health: The Next Health Care Frontier (Joseph Tan).
The Telebaby® Case (Ronald Spanjers, Anne F. Rutkowski).
2. E-Health Vision: Drivers of and Barriers to E-Health Care (Joseph Tan).
Cyber-Angel: The E-Robin Hood Case (Joseph Tan, Joshia Tan).
PART TWO: E-HEALTH FOUNDATIONS
3. E-Health Perspectives: General Systems Concepts, Chaos and String Theories, and Social Science Thinking (Joseph Tan).
Multicommunity E-Health Promotion Programming Case (Joseph Tan).
4. E-Health Records: The Lifeblood of E-Health Care (Joseph Tan).
E-Primary Health Care and E-Health Records Cases (Penny Grubb).
5. E-Public Health Information Systems: E-Technologies for Public Health Preparedness and Surveillance (Joseph Tan, Francisco G. Soto Mas, C. Ed Hsu).
E-Profiling of Community Health Performance Indicators Case (Lee Kallenbach, Joseph Tan).
6. E-Networking: The Backbone of E-Health Care (Joseph Tan, Winnie Cheng).
Mobile Health Networks Case: Unconfined Mobile Bluetooth Technology for E-Medical Services (Qiang Cheng, Huyu Qu, Yingge Wang, Joseph Tan).
PART THREE: E-HEALTH DOMAINS AND APPLICATIONS
7. E-Health Domains: Surveying the E-Health Landscape: Cases and Applications (Pam Forducey, Kawaljeet Kaur, Cynthia Scheideman-Miller, Joseph Tan).
E-Speech Therapy for Children in a Rural Oklahoma School Case (Cynthia Scheideman-Miller, Pam Forducey, Sharon S. Smeltzer, Avery Clouds, Bob Hodge, David Prouty).
8. Diffusion of E-Medicine: E-Medicine in Developed and Developing Countries (Joseph Tan, Mengistu Kifle, Victor Mbarika, Chitu Okoli).
E-Medicine Development in Taiwan Case (Paul Jen-Hwa Hu, Chih-Ping Wei, Tsang-Hsiang Cheng, Joseph Tan).
9. E-Home Care: Rejuvenating Home Health Care and Tele–Home Care (George Demiris, Joseph Tan).
The OliverHome Case (Joseph Tan, George Demiris, Joshia Tan).
10. E-Diagnosis Support Systems: An E-DSS for Lower Back Pain (Lin Lin, Paul Jen-Hwa Hu, Olivia R. Liu Sheng, Joseph Tan).
Teleradiology Case: Present and Future (Yao Y. Shieh, Mason Shieh).
11. E-Health Intelligence: A Multiple-Level Clustering Approach for E-Health Data Mining (Chih-Ping Wei, Paul Jen-Hwa Hu, Liang-Ming Kung, Joseph Tan).
E-Patient Image Retrieval Case: Incremental Neural Net Learning (Lin Lin, Olivia R. Liu Sheng, Chih-Ping Wei, Paul Jen-Hwa Hu, Joseph Tan).
PART FOUR: E-HEALTH STRATEGIES AND IMPACTS
12. E-Health Strategies: Reshaping the Traditional Health Care System (H. Joseph Wen, Joseph Tan).
E-Health Technology Strategies and Impacts Case (Jung P. Shim, William E. Sorrells).
13 .E-Health Care Technology Management: A Multifactorial Model for Harnessing E-Technologies (George Eisler, Sam Sheps, Joseph Tan).
Evidence-Based Medicine Case (Barry P. Markovitz).
14. E-Security: Frameworks for Privacy and Security in E-Health Data Integration and Aggregation (Joseph Tan, Patrick Hung).
Integrated Selective Encryption and Data Embedding for Medical Images Case (Qiang Cheng, Yingge Wang, Joseph Tan).
15. E-Health Impacts on the Health Care and Health Services Industry: Surfing the Powerful Waves of E-Technologies (Joseph Tan, David C. Yen, Sharline Martin, Binshan Lin).
E-Communities Case: Scalability Challenges in Information Management (Harris Wu, Joseph Tan, Weiguo Fan).
PART FIVE: E-HEALTH PROSPECTS
16. E-Health Prospects: Mobile Health, Virtual Reality, and Consumer-Driven E-Health Systems (Joseph Tan).
Virtual Reality Case (Joseph Tan, Pency Tsai).