Fifth in the Disease Management Dimensions Series-Save 50% when you order the Disease Management Dimensions Series.
Like the convenience of receiving a PDF the same business day, but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both versions and save 35 percent!
With disease management a hedge against escalating healthcare
costs, the health coach is a key player on the team of professionals
encouraging health plan members to take charge of their health.
Structuring health coaching programs to improve disease management
outcomes was the theme of a March 2005 audio conference sponsored by
the Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN).
In this special report, "Health Coaches: Scoring Big Gains in Disease Management ROI," HIN's panel of experts described how health plans and
disease management companies can best utilize health coaches, who
encourage members to participate in a personalized plan that
complements a physician’s prescribed treatment.
Part of the Health Coach Collection, a seven-volume series - Save 35% when you order the Health Coach Collection Series.
You'll hear from Danielle Butin, director of health services at Oxford Health Plans, a
United Healthcare company, Kerry Little, senior health coach with Duke University Medical
Center and Roger Reed, executive vice president, chief health officer at
Gordian Health Solutions on how their organizations have structured their health coaching programs
to improve disease management outcomes.
This 35-page report is based on an audio conference "The Role of Health Coaches in Disease and Care
Management," during which Butin, Little and Reed described their health coaching programs and the impact the programs have
had on patient outcomes.
You'll get details on:
- motivating and training health coaches;
- health coach responsibilities;
- keeping members in health coaching programs;
- coaching diverse populations; and
- coaching for specific diseases.
Table of Contents
- The Health Coach’s Role in Disease and Care Management
- Health Coaching and Self-Management in Managed Care
- Motivating Health Coaches
- Training Health Coaches
- Self-Confidence Breeds Self-Efficacy
- Transitions-in-Care Coaching Program
- Living with Diabetes Self-Management Program
- Reducing Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
- Options for Living Self-Management Program
- Telephonic Coaching for Emphysema Patients
- Using New Models to Transform Healthcare
- Coaching a Culturally Diverse Population
- Health Coach Responsibilities
- Motivational Techniques for Health Coaches
- Health Coach Toolkit
- Keeping Participants in a Coaching Program
- Involving Family in the Coaching Experience
- Measuring the Impact of Effective Coaching
- 10 Tips for Motivating Members
- The Value of Health Coaching to Employers
- Gordian’s Health Coach Model
- Components of a Typical 12-Month Intervention
- Printed Support Materials
- Key Components of the Coaching Call
- Health Coach Characteristics
- Gordian’s Health Coach Training
- Monitoring Health Coaches’ Interactions
- Health Coach Quality Control Checklist
- Q&A: Ask the Experts
- Health Coaches vs. Case Managers
- Typical Health Coach Schedule and Caseloads
- Average Length of Coaching Call
- ROI on Coaching Mid-Range Patients
- Staffing Ratios in Coaching Scenarios
- Cost Structure for Health Coaching
- Engaging Participants for Program Duration
Here's what our customers have said about this resource:
"The product was very detailed," according to Sigurdur E. Arnorsson LADC MS, Supervisor, Hazelden
"Health Coaches: Scoring Big Gains in Disease Management ROI" is part of HIN's Disease Management Dimensions series. The Disease Management Dimensions provides an inside look at disease management programs to help you get the most of your disease management initiatives.