| Home Visits in the Patient-Centered Medical Home on 5/20/10, Recording Available, part of the Medical Home Open House Series, a series of webinars touring the critical components of the medical home. Click here for more information on the series.
While costly to conduct, home visits to patients with complex care needs can provide huge returns by identifying patient compliance barriers that are only apparent when seeing a patient in their home. Many patient-centered medical home initiatives are using home visits as part of a care transition program to reduce avoidable hospital readmissions and emergency room utilization.
During this 45-minute webinar, Dr. Greenblatt and Ms. Simo examined the features of a successful home visit initiative, from the types of patients to include to the actual visit itself and the outcomes that it can achieve.
Dr. Greenblatt and Ms. Simo shared details on:
- Evaluating if a home visit program will benefit your patients and your organization;
- Who should conduct home visits, including the necessary skill sets;
- Structuring the home visit, from when to conduct it, to what to assess;
- Overcoming the challenges of a home visits program;
- Implementing policies and procedures to guide home visits; and
- Results from home visit initiatives.
Available on the HIN web site for an on-demand re-broadcast or as a CD-ROM or training DVD.
The training DVD includes reproducible slides and completion certificates to document training.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings – no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It’s so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, training DVD or the On Demand version.