As part of its mission to improve the health of the residents of Bronx, N.Y., and address healthcare disparities, Bronx Health REACH continues to create community-based healthcare partnerships to advance these goals.
During Innovative Community-Clinical Partnerships: Reducing Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities through Community Transformation, a 45-minute webinar on November 16th, at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Charmaine Ruddock, project director, Bronx Health REACH, will share the details behind the innovative partnerships established by Bronx Health REACH with area faith-based programs, bodegas, restaurants, schools, clinics and local art groups and how these partnerships are promoting the health and well-being of area residents.
You'll learn how Bronx Health REACH is:
- Working with not just the bodegas in its community but also the American Bodega Association and bodega suppliers with innovative programs to increase healthy options and purchases within the bodegas;
- Engaging clinics and patients in a Vegetable and Fruit Rx program with the goal of improving the healthy eating of obese patients at clinics in the Bronx Health REACH service area;
- Partnering with school wellness programs to encourage teachers to add nutrition education to their curriculum, and schools to establish wellness councils, establish school gardens, and improve the nutritional value of school food;
- Promoting healthy eating options at Bronx restaurants with the development of 'The Bronx Salad' and for SNAP beneficiaries with discounts at area stores for healthy items and the ability to use "Healthy Bucks" at farmer's markets; and
- Encouraging active living through collaborations with art groups and local artists to create murals in parks within the community that engage community residents and public housing tenants in outdoor physical activities.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, physician practice leaders, population health management executives, case and care management executives, care coordination professionals and strategic planning executives.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a refund, notice is required at least seven business days prior to the webinar. With proper notice, fees are refunded minus a $40 service fee. No refunds are given for cancellations received with less than seven days notice. The Healthcare Intelligence Network reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a webinar, due to unforeseen circumstances.