Bringing the most comprehensive research and information available today to the mental health field, the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Hazelden have redesigned the innovative Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment: Best Practices, Skills, and Resources for Successful Client Care curriculum with the needs of organizations like yours in mind.
Far surpassing its predecessor in ease of implementation and ongoing usability in clinical settings, this updated and expanded curriculum is redesigned not only to more effectively teach clinical skills and provide practitioners with resources and tools for their practice, but to offer the guidance necessary to align the work of departments and transform agencies into integrated treatment providers.
The new, innovative, and user-friendly Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment: Best Practices, Skills, and Resources for Successful Client Care:
- Incorporates a decade of up-to-date research, the most comprehensive and best information available today in the field,
- Provides topics of training and consultation issues in a unique chapter not found in other publications,
- Identifies and developes the tasks necessary to ensure that fully integrated treatment takes root and grows successfully in any organization,
- Offers many reproducible forms, protocols, and handouts to facilitate implementation,
- Addresses a vastly wider array of issues and topics more comprehensively,
- Uses agency-friendly language to ensure practitioners, supervisors, clinical leadership, and other professionals will find the program approachable and easy to use.
The Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment: Best Practices, Skills, and Resources for Successful Client Care state-of-the-art instructional design provides practitioners with all the materials needed for successful implementation of this evidence-based practice.
Table of Contents
- Preface by Lindy Fox
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment
- Chapter 2 Recovery-oriented Treatment
- Chapter 3 Senior Organizational Leadership Tasks
- Chapter 4 Clinical Leadership Tasks
- Chapter 5 Screening and Assessment
- Chapter 6 Stagewise Treatment and Routine Clinical Tasks
- Chapter 7 Treatment Planning for Clients with Co-occurring Disorders
- Chapter 8 Motivational Interviewing
- Chapter 9 Stagewise Group Treatment
- Chapter 10 Social Skills Training Group
- Chapter 11 Substance Abuse Counseling Skills
- Chapter 12 Housing Issues
- Chapter 13 Supported Employment
- Chapter 14 Family Psychoeducation
- Chapter 15 Dual Disorders Treatment for Persons in the Criminal Justice System
- Chapter 16 Physical Health Issues for People with Dual Disorders
- Chapter 17 Co-occurring Mental Illness and Substance Use in Older Adults
- Chapter 18 Trauma Treatment and Recovery
- Chapter 19 Medications for the Treatment of Clients with Co-occurring
Serious Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorder
- Chapter 20 Client and Family Tasks
- Chapter 21 Training, Consultation, and Supervision
Includes a three-ring binder, guide, and a CD-ROM with reproducible handout forms.
Please note: Handout forms for this program are only used in Chapters 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 20. The printed handouts correspond with the chapters in which they are used.