Frequent webinar participant? ó Save $800 annually with a Webinar Membership. Click here for details.
A clinical pharmacist-driven medication management effort at Novant Health identifies patients at high-risk for readmissions or ED visits related to adverse drug events.
Using a combination of medication reconciliation, pharmacotherapy review, and patient education, Novant Health's clinical pharmacists are working to reduce preventable readmissions by optimizing medication regimens and removing barriers to adherence among these high-risk patients.
During Medication Management: Using Clinical Pharmacists To Complete Comprehensive Drug Therapy Management Post Discharge in High-Risk Patients, a 45-minute webinar on February 3rd, now available for replay, Rebecca Bean, director, population health pharmacy, Novant Health, shares her organizationís medication management approach and why a clinical pharmacist is key to the programís success.
You will learn:
- The stratification criteria that Novant Health uses to identify patients who are at high-risk for readmission related to adverse drug events;
- The components and timing of Novant Health's medication management efforts, as well as details on the program's staffing requirements;
- The most common barriers to medication adherence and how Novant Health's multidisciplinary team works with patients to remove these barriers;
- How Novant Health's clinical pharmacists are working across the care continuum to train and align staff to maintain an accurate medication list in the electronic health record at all times; and
- How Novant is partnering with primary care physicians to provide team-based medication management services and incorporating pharmacists into the patient-centered medical home.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings ó no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs/CFOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, physician executives, health plan executives, pharmacists and strategic planning directors and consultants.