Increasing patient portal usage is one of several key attributes that contribute to better performing physician practices, according to new research from the Medical Group Management Association.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN)'s patient portal launch in 2015 and its continued growth in portal users has earned it the distinction of being the fastest growing patient portal on the Epic platform.
Since that time, LVHN continues to promote the portal through targeted communications and add new features to increase activation and engagement.
During Patient Portal Roll-Out Strategy: Activating and Engaging Patients in Self-Care and Population Health, a 45-minute webinar on November 15th, available for replay, Lindsay Altimare, director of operations, Lehigh Valley Physician Group at LVHN and Dr. Michael Sheinberg, medical director, medical informatics, Epic transformation, LVHN, share the initial portal roll-out strategy as well as the key details on how portal engagement and functionality have evolved since its launch.
You will learn:
- How LVHN promoted the portal launch—moving from an internal communications strategy that served as a test group to a more broad internal campaign and finally an external campaign and the key promotional components within each of these segments;
- Three key patient office visit touch points used to promote the portal and how scripting around these touch points can increase portal activation and engagement;
- The four portal platforms in which patients can initiate self-service at LVHN and how these interactions fit into the physician practice workflow;
- The metrics LVHN uses to measure patient portal engagement;
- How the patient portal has impacted LVHN's patient and provider satisfaction rates, including significant improvements in its CG-CAHPS® scores;
- The role of the patient portal steering committee in setting portal goals and developing new functionality and roll-out strategies; and
- The new features that LVHN is launching this year through the portal, including population health management centered around flu shots, mammographies and diabetes, and sending patient-entered portal data to primary care physicians and/or specialists as part of an overall population health management strategy.
Have questions on our webinar formats? Visit our webinar FAQ.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings — no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, physician practice leaders, patient engagement professionals, healthcare information technology executives, population health management executives and strategic planning executives.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a refund, notice is required at least seven business days prior to the webinar. With proper notice, fees are refunded minus a $40 service fee. No refunds are given for cancellations received with less than seven days notice. The Healthcare Intelligence Network reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a webinar, due to unforeseen circumstances.