Find innovative approaches, plans, and a step-by-step guide to assess or modify an existing physician compensation plan or develop a new state-of-the-art plan for your practice. This comprehensive resource covers all the bases – presenting a guide to plan analysis, development, and implementation. Learn industry trends and methods to determine physician income in a wide variety of health care organizations, including group practices, academic medical centers, hospitals, and integrated delivery systems.
This book covers:
- How to diagnose your current compensation plan
- How to align compensation with reimbursement (including pay-for-performance)
- Plan architectures and technical dimensions – with more than 85 case examples
- Legal and regulatory compliance issues
- Methods to achieve physician buy-in
- How to compensate physicians in transition (e.g. work slowdown, retirement)
"This book is absolutely outstanding. It not only captures the dynamics of the formation and mechanics of a compensation plan, but more importantly, the development of the philosophical aspects that form the foundation of a plan...and that are so important to the longevity of the program. The authors give you an accurate sense of how practices work today, describing the compensation program as a ‘living organism’ that creates a symbiotic relationship with the members of the organization, reflecting their goals, ideals and working relationships. This organizational approach is exactly what you need to understand when developing a successful compensation program."
Harry E. Rubash, MD, Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Edith M. Ashley Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Click here to view the full table of contents.