Plunkett's Biotech & Genetics Industry Almanac 2014: Biotech & Genetics Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies includes trends analysis, statistics, glossary, contacts and exportable profiles of hundreds of leading companies.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and industry statistics
- Industry associations and professional societies list
- In-depth profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
- Statistical tables provided: 16
- Companies profiled: 415
- Geographic focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include: Major Trends Affecting the Biotech & Genetics Industry
- The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
- A Short History of Biotechnology
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Major Drug Companies Acquire or Partner With Smaller Biotech Firms
- From India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
- Clinical Trials and Medical Records Processing Conducted Abroad Spark Concerns
- Gene Therapies and Patients Genetic Profiles Promise a Personalized Approach to Medicine
- Vaccines and Viruses in Drug Delivery
- Few New Blockbusters: Major Drug Patents Expire While Generic Sales Growth Continues/Research Focus Shifts
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Pick Up the Slack as Blockbuster Mainstream Drugs Age
- Biosimilars (Generic Biotech Drugs) Receive FDA Guidelines for Accelerated Approval/Competition Will Be Fierce
- Breakthrough New Drug Delivery Systems Evolve
- Stem Cells-Multiple Sources Stem from New Technologies
- Government Support for Stem Cell Research Evolves
- Stem Cells-Therapeutic Cloning Techniques Advance
- Stem Cells-A New Era of Regenerative Medicine Takes Shape
- Nanotechnology Converges with Biotech
- Agricultural Biotechnology Scores Breakthroughs but Causes
Controversy/Selective Breeding Offers a Compromise
- Focus on Vaccines
- Technology Discussion-Genomics and Personal Gene Profiles
- Technology Discussion-Proteomics
- Technology Discussion-Microarrays
- Technology Discussion-DNA Chips
- Technology Discussion-SNPs (Snips)
- Technology Discussion-Combinatorial Chemistry
- Technology Discussion-Synthetic Biology
- Technology Discussion-Recombinant DNA
- Technology Discussion-Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Biotech & Genetics Industry Statistics
- Biotech Industry Overview
- The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
- U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2012
- U.S. Pharmaceutical R&D Spending Versus the Number of New Molecular Entity (NME) Approvals: 1993-2012
- Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations, U.S.: May 2012
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for General Science & Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2011-2013
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2007-1st Quarter 2013