The need for active marketing of hospice and palliative care is crucial. Although the hospice community has come forward in recent years with marketing efforts, more needs to be done, according to industry officials.
"Successful Hospice Marketing Methods," a new senior level tele-briefing was held on Thursday, April 14, 2005 at 1:30 PM Eastern time. This CD Rom comes with conference materials.
While awareness of hospice is slowly spreading throughout the country, misconceptions and negative stigmas still exist.
According to a communications and public relations executive at VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, “Americans appear to be increasingly more at ease in thinking about and discussing issues related to end-of-life care.” “But there are still huge gaps in Americans’ knowledge about these issues. Misconceptions about the cost and payment for end-of-life care persist among a sizable subset of the population.”
Our objective in offering this CD-ROM of the teleconference, "Successful Hospice Marketing Methods," is to share those marketing methods that been successful in: Increasing the public's knowledge of hospice - emphasizing the wonderful work they do and allaying public fears; and Increasing physician's comfort level with Hospice - so patients are referred to Hospice in a more beneficial timeframe.
- Michael Bell, Vice President of Development and Community Relations, The Hospice of the Florida Suncoast
- Mary Lou Dahms, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Hospice of the Red River Valley
- Brad Stuart MD., Medical Director, Sutter VNA & Hospice of Northern California
- How successful hospices are marketing their programs
- The best marketing practices of hospice leaders
- The role of hospice staff in marketing your organization's program
- How to determine if your hospice and its policies are 'user-friendly'
- Spelling out the benefits of your hospice to your various constituents
- How to go about Identifying your target markets
- Details on how to identify, analyze and segment your target markets
- Practical ways to develop your relationships with prospective patients, families and providers
- Knowing your referral sources
- Professional ways you can reach out to regulators and lawmakers in your region to educate them about your hospice
- Reaching underserved groups with your hospice message
Plus a live Question and Answer Session
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE CD-ROM OF THIS AUDIO CONFERENCE:
Hospices, home health agencies, hospitals, health systems, healthcare providers, hospice administrators, president/CEO, reimbursement manager, chief financial officer, executive director, home care director, director of development, nursing administrator, executive vice president, clinical services director, program director, hospice director, VP business development, director of patient care, director of social services, assistant administrator and coordinator.