Cure your practices chronic crisis management syndrome
Do constant disruptions, priority shifts, scheduling nightmares, rising costs, coding errors, reimbursement hassles and spiking workloads have everyone in your medical practice working harder yet accomplishing less? Take back control! In Take Back Time: Bringing Time Management to the Medical Practice, nationally recognized healthcare consultant Judy Capko reveals simple, affordable and amazingly effective time management secrets for improving the patient experience, empowering staff, creating a smoother, more successful practice
and enjoying a more satisfying personal life, too.
- Practical, proven time management strategies drawn from successful large, small, and major academic faculty practices nationwide
- A win-win focus on quickly defusing conflicts, clearing hurdles and building confidence to create lasting rewards for physicians, practice managers, staff, and patients
- Ready-to-use tools, including checklists, grids, comparison charts, efficiency-boosting office floor plans, suggestions for patient pre-visit forms and more
- Real-world examples of where and why time management problems arise in medical practices (including a tactic commonly used to curtail staffs personal use of phones and the Internet that can actually cost a practice $20,000 in lost productivity)
- Take Time tips that follow up each chapter with specific action items
Selected Table of Contents
Are You Being Sabotaged
How to audit your practice and habits to lower stress and raise performance.
Chapter 2: Can We Talk?
How to use good communications to get more done
Chapter 3: Those Maddening Phones
How to give systems and people more control over calls, call-backs, and virtual patients.
Chapter 4: The Sensible Schedule
How to stay on time, manage workload, and minimize the impact of missed appointments.
Chapter 5: Get It Right!
How to improve quality, eliminate steps, and position your practice for Pay 4 Performance.
Chapter 6: Make The Most Of Staff
How to empower staff, defuse conflicts, fast-track learning and create a can-do culture.
Chapter 7: Virtually Yours
How to use Internet and mobile technologies to streamline everything from patient exams to communicating inside the practice.
Chapter 8: Your Partner - The Patient
How to use practice tools, people skills and technology to turn patients into true partners.
Chapter 9: Mine The Business
How to build a better practice by using business intelligence, benchmarks, and dashboards to improve focus and decision-making.
Chapter 10: Get Back Your Life
How to balance demands and set healthy boundaries that keep you from becoming stressed, exhausted, and a workaholic
Chapter 11: From This Day Forward
How to use new-found control at work as a springboard for greater personal freedom to pursue passions and make a difference.
About the Book
- 4 Hours Playing Time
- Choose Format
- Audio book with 5 CDs
- PDF Transcript
- MP3 Audio file
About the Author:
Judy Capko is a nationally recognized healthcare consultant, speaker and author of the book Secrets of the Best-Run Practices whose innovative, energetic approach to organizational management and strategic planning has helped hundreds of medical practices maximize resources, build patient-centered strategies, and motivate and value staffs contribution.