The average physician will negotiate for millions of dollars over the next 20 years without receiving any training in negotiating skills. This book was written specifically to give physicians the negotiating skills they need to get what they deserve. The Physician's Comprehensive Guide to Negotiating is straightforward, easy-to-read, and features over 200 examples that explain exactly what to do, and what not to do during a negotiation. It is guaranteed to save you money immediately.
Table of Contents
- The physician negotiator
- Negotiation basics
- The best place to negotiate
- Controlling and obtaining information
- The best time to negotiate
- How to gain power in a negotiation
- Preparing to win
- Silence is golden
- How to gain valuable concessions
- Using and breaking deadlock
- Using controlled emotions to your advantage
- Telephone negotiations
- E-mail negotiations
- Defeating your opponents tactics
- Team negotiating
- Negotiating for the retention of an attorney
- Negotiating employment, managed care, and other formal written contracts
- Closing the deal
- Negotiating an employment contract
- Negotiation of a managed care agreement
- Negotiating a real estate lease for a medical practice
- Negotiating the sale of a medical practice
- Negotiating the purchase of an established medical practice
- The biggest mistakes medical organizations/journals make in negotiating with medical publishers
About the Authors
Steven Babitsky, Esq., is the president and founder of SEAK, Inc. He serves as a negotiating consultant. He is the co-author of The Successful Physician Negotiator: How to Get What You Deserve and is the developer and trainer for seminars. He trains physicians and others on negotiation strategy and techniques and acts as a consultant to medical societies and journals in their negotiations with medical publishers, other organizations, and individuals. Steve has lectured nationally on negotiation strategies and techniques. He was a personal injury trial attorney for 20 years and is the former managing partner of the firm Kistin, Babitsky, Latimer & Beitman. He has trained thousands of physicians over the past 26 years.
James J. Mangraviti, Jr., Esq., has trained thousands of physicians and expert witnesses across the United States and Canada. He currently serves as vice president and general counsel of SEAK, Inc. James received his BA degree in mathematics summa cum laude from Boston College and his JD degree cum laude from Boston College Law School. He is the co-author of The Successful Physician Negotiator: How to Get What You Deserve, and serves as a trainer for seminars.
Terrific!!...a well-organized and entertaining book packed with extremely valuable insights and pearls of wisdom specifically geared for physicians and their success.
Jessica Scott, MD Raleigh, NC
I particularly like the specific examples and immediate analysis of the pros and cons of each example/scenario.
Michele Curtis, MD Houston, TX