Ninth in the Disease Management Dimensions Series-Save 50% when you order the Disease Management Dimensions Series.
Like the convenience of receiving a PDF the same business day, but still want a hard copy of this book? Order both versions and save 35 percent!
The healthcare industry has taken great strides toward consumer empowerment through education, online tutorials, health
toolkits and improved access to healthcare. In this explosive new environment, however, technology may minimize the human
Endeavoring to preserve the holistic benefits of interpersonal connection, healthcare organizations are employing
health coaches to provide motivation, encouragement and compassion to members. But like any medical professional, health
coaches need to be trained in multi-faceted skill sets and approaches to optimize client outcomes.
In this special report, "Training Health Coaches: Fielding a Team of Behavior Change Agents," based on a recent audio
conference, expert speakers describe strategies and techniques for training effective health coaches and delivering returns.
Part of the Health Coach Collection, a seven-volume series - Save 35% when you order the Health Coach Collection Series.
You'll hear from Kerry Little, senior health coach with Duke University Medical Center, Dr. Ruth Quillian-Wolever, clinical health psychologist and clinic director with Duke University Medical Center, Maddy Rice, vice president for training and
development at CorSolutions and Bonnie Sechrist, director of clinical program development with Health Management Corporation
on developing effective health coach training programs.
This 42-page report is based on the October 26, 2005 audio conference "Health Coach Training: Insider Tips for Effective
Coaching" during which Little, Dr. Quillian-Wolever, Rice and Sechrist provided an inside look at the health coach training
programs at their organizations.
You'll get details on:
- The health coaching principles at Health Management Corporation;
- Using e-learning to train health coaches;
- How CorSolutions uses a career ladder for its health coaches;
- Defining the difference between coaching and therapy; and
- The types of case loads that a health coach can handle.
Table of Contents
- Developing Health Coach Training
- Applying Past Experience to New Models
- Challenges of Consumer-Driven Care
- Step 1: Establish a Solid Rapport
- Steps 2 and 3: Set the Agenda and Assess Readiness
- Step 4: Respond to Resistance with Care
- Adapting to Industry Shifts
- Corporate Evolution at CorSolutions
- Narrowing the Focus
- Understanding Participantsí Needs and Fears
- Training and Motivating Health Coaches
- Facing the Future
- Health Coach Role Defies Definition
- Meeting Patients Where They Stand
- The Coach-Client Relationship
- Profiting From Experience
- A Multi-faceted Model
- Strategies for Success
- Health Coaching in the Integrative Medicine Environment
- Expanding Treatment Options
- Spinning the Wheels of Behavior Change
- Prospective Approaches Prove Worthwhile
- Establishing Health Coach Parameters
- A Comprehensive Intervention with Promising Results
- Q&A: Ask the Experts
- Refining Recruitment
- Health Coach Caseloads
- Online Learning
- Case Management Systems
- Health According to Health Coaches
- Program Length and Logistics
- Health Coach Certification
- Health Coach Training: Classroom vs. Real-World
- For More Information
- About the Presenters
"Training Health Coaches: Fielding a Team of Behavior Change Agents" is part of HIN's Disease Management Dimensions
series. The Disease Management Dimensions Series provides an inside look at disease management programs to help you get the most of
your disease management initiatives.