Free personalized online lifestyle-improvement programs, rewards for health plan members who use health management and disease management programs, online health risk assessment and reimbursement for health club membership dues, are among the wellness initiatives that health plans are offering their employees and members.
Many managed care organizations (MCOs) describe themselves as "wellness organizations" in their company literature, but until recently few MCOs had actually offered formal wellness programs to members.
The growth and market adoption of consumer-driven health plans will continue to drive health plans to develop more widespread member health improvement initiatives. In fact, some plans are developing innovative approaches.
Discover what’s working in health plan wellness and health promotion programs, award winning and unique programs, best practices, ROI, and lessons learned in this special audio conference, “Winning Ideas in Health Plan Wellness and Health Improvement Programs: What’s Working Today to Achieve Member Commitment and Participation.” This program was presented on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1:30 - 3:00 pm ET.
Programs discussed will include those involving physical activity, nutrition, stress management, smoking cessation, heart disease prevention, osteoporosis management and more.
Jackie Boucher, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
Manager, Phone Initiatives & Outcomes Advisor
Manager, Worksite Health Promotion
Health Alliance Plan
Preventative Health Services
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Ways to increase participation in programs so members cannot only manage disease, but prevent it
- How to improve the health of members at minimal cost
- How to motivate employees to participate in worksite wellness programs
- How plans are partnering with community organizations and hospitals to offer health programs and services that focus on wellness and health promotion
- Health plan measures of evaluation and ROI
- Opportunities for implementing a program to address the “gateway” behavior of physical activity
- Programs that target “at-risk” and “high-risk” populations
- Live question and answer session\
Who Will Benefit From This Audio Conference?
Health plans and providers, CEOs, CFOs, employers, human resource benefit managers, workplace wellness managers, wellness educators, health coordinators, wellness coordinators, health educators, staff educators, operations managers, employee health services managers, corporate fitness managers, employee assistance professionals, employer health plan decision makers, network development and provider services directors, strategic planners, utilization management, MCO plan healthcare management, brokers, TPAs, network managers, implementer consultants, account services and administration executives and ancillary products managers, government employers and colleges and universities..
"Attend" this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient!